Job DescriptionJob #: 1010584
Security Architect Opening in Waltham, MA!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Security Architect role in the Waltham, MA area. This is a 6 month Contract to Full Time/Perm position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this Security Architect opportunity; please send a Word resume to Claudio Baccari, Senior Professional Recruiter, Application Delivery Lead (ADL) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Security Architect
Apex Job ID: 1010584
Location: Waltham, MA
Rate: Negotiable Based on Experience
Duration: 6 month contract to full time/perm
Our client is Large Tech Company specializing in the Energy/Utilities industry and is located in Waltham, MA. Our client is looking for a Security Architect to fill a 6 month contract to full time/perm position.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, publishes and communicates security standards, frameworks, principles and roadmaps to be used throughout the IT organization to guide technology decisions and leverage opportunities through efficient design.
- Provides expert advice and leads efforts including building key services, applications, and solutions to support an Enterprise Identity Management initiative
- Provides technical leadership at the enterprise level for the design of information technology systems with a core focus on Security
- Architects, designs and administers EIM footprints
- Analyzes, diagnoses and resolves complex architectural problems using industry standard engineering principles around EIM and Identity provisioning
- Leads the development and on-going maintenance of the EA Framework including security and infrastructure strategies.
- Fosters collaboration in discussing and vetting out viable enterprise solutions based on multiple security technology solutions.
- Seen as a thought leader working with Solution Architects and Project Managers in matching security technology assets to specific business service and application development projects to ensure consistent use of security principals, patterns and models throughout the enterprise.
- Proactively researches IT security architecture best practices and methodologies and determines relevancy to the IT and business organizations.
- Defines multiple roadmaps from the 'as-is state' to the “to-be state”. Designs a secure, efficient, and adaptable future state model. Defines the high level migration plan to address the gaps between the 'as-is' and future state.
- Lead definition of an enterprise security strategy for our client, including definition of standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Contribute as a principal team member of the Enterprise Architecture organization, ensuring this high-performing team coordinates delivery with enterprise strategies and roadmaps that are integrated and aligned with the security strategy.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and best-practices tied to enterprise technologies in order to introduce innovation and ensure cost-effectiveness of our client’s standards and strategies.
- Educates and guides engineers in the vision and use cases of specific solutions within the Security Architecture portfolio.
- Is accountable/responsible for ensuring that technical security is built in to the fabric of all IT and Information Assets inclusive of all functions and divisions.
- Provides expert guidance on security architecture solutions and designs based on knowledge and understanding of IT security concepts to enterprise project teams.
- Develops and provides input to technical designs in enterprise security solutions.
- Generates and supports the definition and selection of enterprise security standards including tools, technology, applications, and processes. Leads the scoping and implementation of solutions as required.
- Ensures that all models and implementations can be traced to specific business requirements, policies and key principles.
- Leads the review and approval of enterprise architecture frameworks and guiding principles.
- Facilitates review of physical security design for solutions in the enterprise.
- Assists in evaluation and approval of exceptions to the IT enterprise security architecture framework.
- Contributes to the establishment of a common language for information architecture within the organization.
- Performs vendor assessments to ensure their policy and procedures meet security requirements.
- Review data privacy agreements and information security riders as part of the contractual process.
Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years’ of overall professional experience and 6+ years’ leading security architecture and design
Experience with various security architectures including network security, platform security, application and middleware security
Experience with requirements analysis and strategic planning for a multi-platform environment
Experience with regulatory best practices such as SOX, PCI or similar
Strong leadership and mentoring skills
Strong communication and documentation skills
Experience performing security architecture design within an enterprise-level environment
Desired Skills (not required but candidate will have exposure to these skills in this role):
Master’s Degree preferred
Security industry certification such as CISSP, GIAC or similar
Experience with architectur frameworks such as TOGAF, SABS, COBIT, ITIL or similar
Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.