What you’ll be doing...
The Product Security team within Verizon’s Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization works to embed security seamlessly into the development lifecycle of technology systems and services. We are looking for a skilled business intelligence professional.
This role will be focused on business operations and intelligence and you will have the opportunity to work across many functions within CIS and in the Product Development organization.
- Build and manage analytical solutions such as business scorecards, reporting tools and self-service dashboards to track key metrics, and perform adhoc and recurring reporting.
- Make strategic business decisions and recommendations on the appropriate data sources, tools, visualization and delivery methods to leverage the information.
- Apply expertise in quantitative statistical analysis and data visualization to synthesize trends into actionable insights and tell the story behind the numbers.
- Identify and recommend modifications to improve process efficiency for reporting and dashboard delivery methods and automation.
- Creating new business intelligence services and support to address emerging needs.
- Provide operational and analytical support to Leadership team in a variety of periodic and adhoc operational projects and strategic initiatives.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience developing and managing visually compelling interactive dashboards.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Management Information Systems, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or a relevant discipline.
- Industry certification such as Certified Business Intelligence Professional or Six Sigma.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of business intelligence functions, including analytics, data mining, reporting, report conversion, data cleansing, data modeling and relational databases.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and modern analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau, Qlik, etc.
- Experience providing actionable intelligence leveraging a variety of data sets.
- Experience in a data mining role with strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience in turning large amounts of multi-faceted data into meaningful information.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.