GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
GuidePoint Security offers a comprehensive set of Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) services, including risk assessments, virtual CISO services, security program reviews, and gap assessments and advisory services for multiple security standards and frameworks such as PCI, HIPAA, HITRUST, NIST, and GDPR. As a Security Consultant, you will use your experience to deliver world-class consulting services that provide outstanding value to clients and help them achieve their GRC goals, particularly in the PCI compliance space. Your experience will be vital to ensuring the expanded growth and success of the practice into the future. The offerings provided by GuidePoint Security’s GRC team are consistently evolving with the security industry and risks that modern environments face. You will contribute your knowledge, experience, and creativity in order to face these challenges head on and equip the practice for success in the years to come.
- Complete consulting engagements across multiple GRC offerings while enConduct detailed assessments of various customer environments against one or more information security standards, in order to identify and describe areas of non-compliance and provide recommendations for remediating same
- Work as a team member on large assessment engagements
- Provide security advisory services to support customers in compliance efforts related to various information security standards
- Remain current on industry developments and incorporate into service delivery
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Credentials, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience performing information security consulting services for clients
- At least one industry certification is required (CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC certifications, PCI QSA/ISA, HITRUST CSF, etc.)
- Understanding of modern information system and security technologies
- Understanding and working knowledge of compliance and regulatory standards and frameworks (PCI DSS, HIPAA, NIST 800-53, GDPR, etc.)
- Ability to perform independent audits and assessments against statutory, regulatory, industry and organizational control requirements
- Ability to work with different customers, multi-task on projects, and manage customer relationships and expectations
- Strong written communication skills for use in preparing formal deliverables
- Strong verbal communication skills that include the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and distill complex problems into digestible information to be consumed by anyone from technical resources to the highest level of management
- Drive and passion to grow and mature both the GRC practice and individually
- Willingness to travel to U.S.-based customers (15-25%)
- Conference speaking experience is a plus
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 250 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.