As a Security Consultant for Kratos SecureInfo, you will be joining a team performing security assessments and providing consulting support to assist clients in meeting FISMA and FedRAMP requirements. The ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of how to apply the principles of Information Security in a variety of circumstances and expertise translating the NIST 800-53 guidelines into common technical implementations.
* Develop Security Authorization Packages that are compliant with FedRAMP and DoD requirements under the supervision of senior staff members. Package components include: System Security Plans, Contingency Plans, Configuration Management Plans, Incident Response Plans, Privacy Impact Assessments, Security Assessment Plans, and Security Assessment Reports.
* Assist in the review and analysis of Security Authorization Packages for completeness and compliance with FedRAMP and DoD requirements.
* Participate in client interviews to complete Security Authorization Packages and Security Assessments.
* Ensure existing systems Security Authorization Packages remain up to date throughout the life cycle.
* Provide review and analysis of vulnerability scan results from tools such as Nessus, Qualys, AppDetective, WebInspect, IBM AppScan, Burp Suite, etc.
* Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevevant discipline, or equivalent work experience.
* Maintain one or more of the following certificates: CISSP, CEH, CAP, Security +, GSEC, or equivalent.
* Familiarity with NIST 800 series guidelines (800-30, 800-37, 800-53 and 53A, 800-60, etc.).
* Broad based IT background with a technical understanding of networks, protocols, security configurations, cryptography, identity and access management, and the systems development life cycle.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong presentation skills.
* Ability to translate technical materials and issues into non-technical/layman terms.
* Applies attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness in all work products.
* Demonstrated skills in the entire Microsoft desktop suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
* Team player able to work well with others in a collaborative manner and is a self-starter who can work with minimum supervision.
* Ability to interact with clients and represent Kratos SecureInfo in a professional manner.
* Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
* Serve as mentor to Associate Security Consultants on best practices.
* Ability to travel 25%.
* 3 to 5 years of experience with the responsibilities and requirements listed above.