American Dream -
The main purpose of the Security Dispatcher is:
- To ensure safety and security of American Dream Guests, Tenants and Employees. To receive calls, relay messages and handle requests for assistance from tenants, guests, and mall staff. To operate the numerous electronic systems located inside Dispatch.
- Promptly answers incoming radio and telephone calls, prioritizes requests for assistance and dispatches appropriate personnel following established procedures.
- Requests assistance from appropriate local or federal Law Enforcement agencies as necessary.
- Constantly monitors for suspicious activity.
- Monitors various alarm systems and responds to trouble signals according to procedure; monitors Closed Circuit TV system.
- Maintains complete and accurate logs and records.
- Compiles Digital Video and Audio Footage from generated reports.
- Enters process and retrieves computerized data as requested.
- Answer guest questions and provide assistance when needed.
- Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, post secondary education preferred.
- No record of conviction for crimes against persons or property.
- Must have good customer relations skills, effective reading, and writing and communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Ability to remain calm and effective in stressful situations.
- Ability to accept direction.
- Ability to work variable and/or rotating shifts, which include nights, weekends and holidays. OVERNIGHT SHIFTS ARE VERY LIKELY in this position.
- Must possess good computer skills.
- Fire prevention background and/or Simplex certification is a plus.
- Six (6) months prior public safety/security dispatching experience or equivalent education preferred.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Sitting, frequently, 90% of time
- Stand and move, occasionally, 20% of time
- Perform repetitive motion (using keyboard), frequently, 90% of time
- Kneel and bend, infrequently, 5% of time
- Reach at or above shoulder level, infrequently, 5% of time
- Reach at or below shoulder level, infrequently, 10% of time
- Lifting/carry up to 10 pounds, infrequently, 5% of time
- Lift/Carry up to 30 lbs, infrequently, 5% of time
- Stoop/Squat, infrequently, 10% of time
- Handle larger items such as boxes or packages, infrequently, 10% of time