Providence is calling a Security Dispatcher to Providence Office Park Portland in Portland, Oregon. This is a full-time, evening shift position with full benefits. Schedule is 1:30 - 10:00 p.m., days to be determined.
We are seeking a Security Dispatcher - Security to be part of the Providence Security Operations Center (PSOC), which is responsible for providing a centralized location for collecting, processing, documenting and disseminating information as it relates to routine and emergency calls for service in the Oregon Region and other contracted facilities. The PSOC operates much like a public 911 center but additionally monitors high risk areas through the use of CCTV, alarms and access control systems.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Communicate with others including; excited, emotional, and irate callers; in a calm, positive, effective and easily understood manner
- Communicate with the public using good communication and public relations skills, provides information as requested
- Answer both emergency and non-emergency telephone lines from multiple locations
- Gather information on nature of event called in and determines the urgency of the response required
- Document details of the call in the CAD system
- Initiate urgent and emergency response by security personnel at individual facilities
- Dispatch security personnel at multiple locations via two way radio
- Retrieve and relay accurate and detailed information on developing events
- Dispatch security personnel according to the urgency/priority of the event and availability of security staff