Sr. Security Engineer
Madison, WI | 6+ Month Contract-To-Hire | Remote Opportunity
Job Purpose: Functioning independently, incumbents in this role provide high-level technical support in the development, installation and maintenance of security solutions with varying level of complexities. Key solutions include but are not limited to Data Encryption Services, Password, Identity and Access Management, Certificate Management, and Multi-Factor Authentication many of which are embedded in key business systems and customer-facing websites.
This resource should have in depth knowledge in one or more of the following technologies: Ping, Okta, Ping Access, Ping Federate as well as demonstrate their ability to be a self-starter by taking initiative and requiring little or minimal direction.
- Independently perform expert-level analysis and design in translating business requirements into technical specifications, present options, evaluate and recommend solutions.
- Identify and communicate the global impact of interrelated activities.
- Proactively strive for continuous improvement and continuous integration and delivery with IT and business.
- Operate in an agile delivery environment through security technology solutions ensuring security is in the forefront of any solution being delivered and aligning the solution to security policies and procedures.
- Guide the development of multiple concurrent security solutions from conceptualization through stabilization using various technology platforms.
- Develop, test, implement, document and maintain high quality security solutions on various technology platforms, adhering to established methodology and practices, and in accordance with acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate verbally and in writing with management, team members, and clients to influence solution delivery, applications architecture and business direction.
- Experience working with Ping and Okta and ensuring single sign on across multiple platforms.
- Prior configuration experience within Ping (Java Solutions is a plus)
- Strong skills and understanding the trade-offs of various design options on multiple platforms.
- Experience with preparing technical artifacts to support design efforts and ensure adherence to standards.
- Demonstrated expertise in business applications, information and/or technical architecture design
- Experience with Agile delivery.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178