The Security Engineering Senior will be part of the Platform Security Technology within the Information Technology Division. This position is responsible to provide security engineering support for the infrastructure and applications across multi-site enterprise and data center environments; including engineering on Identity Access Management tools such as PlainID and OES
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $57.00 - 63.25 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Work closely with technology and business stakeholders to understand goals, determine security requirements, design and implement solutions to meet business objectives, IT strategic initiatives, corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Perform the technology planning, design, and implementation of IT Security solutions including PlainID and OES
- Protect and secure company resources in the cloud, virtual and physical infrastructures.
- Understand and advocate IT Security standards, reference architectures.
- Support the security risk assessment of applications and infrastructure; including remediation of incident response, vulnerability analysis and threat intelligence.
- Certifications of new versions in PlainID and OES
- Coordination with Information Security team to ensure solution assurance and compliance to security policy, procedures, standards and baseline security configurations.
- Stay current with developing technologies, emerging threat landscape and predict impact of changing technologies.
- Ensure consistent delivery of superior technical solutions.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
Masters degree in information technology, engineering, computer science, related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 7-10 years of relevant experience in IT Security.
- 2+ years of experience planning, designing and implementing of OES and PlainID
- Working knowledge of Vormetric, IBM Guardium, Splunk, and UBA
- Experience with scripting tools to automate routine tasks in Autosys, Service Now and BladeLogic.
- Possess good working knowledge of IAM tools such as TAM, OIM, and Sailpoint.
- Knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across computing platforms.
- Knowledge of information security standards (e.g., ISO, NIST) with an emphasis on NIST 800-53.
- Exposure to varied operating systems - UNIX, Linux, Windows
- General understanding of key IT components - LDAP, Networking, firewall, load balancing, Federated Identity.
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Preferred certifications such as Security +, CISSP, CISA.
- Must be able to effectively perform both independently and collaboratively as a strong team contributor.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.