The Cloud Collaboration Engineering team is primarily responsible for the wide variety of services required to support multiple Cloud collaboration application micro-services in a DevOps model.
As a Security Engineer you will work with global team of engineers who are responsible for maintaining and evolving network security as a service.
Responsible for projects, development, automation, and operations related to WebEx firewall and security infrastructure.
Create and/or improve the tools that provide insight into availability and performance of our services
Share in the creation of new designs and architectures for multi-region, multi-data center distributed systems
Collaborate with application engineering teams in solving business needs with our services
Partner with cross functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve incidents and customer cases.
Partake in on-call duties for provided services (including weekends)
- You are a talented Network Engineer with development experience or are a talented security engineer with ASA/Firepower experience, you have a passion for developing your technical expertise, diving deep into issues and uncovering and implementing the necessary actions that deliver systems and software stability.
- You will have a good background in, and understanding of software and opensource applications with a strong ability to troubleshoot interconnecting systems.
- Experience in coding Python or other languages with the ability to work closely with Application and Engineering teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about this role which involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and he/she will also believe that automation is key to operating large-scale systems.
- BS, CS, or equivalent plus 4+ years progressive experience in network engineering, firewall or telecommunications support environment.
- Experience with Access Control List
- Provide hands on support for a variety of security related technologies including but not limited to Firewalls, Network Intrusion Prevention Systems (nIPS), DDoS, and SSL solutions
- Expertise on latest Cisco hardware and operating systems (ASA, Firepower, Nexus)
- IP internetworking and Routing & Switching.
- Mid-level internetworking troubleshooting in a large scale network environment.
- High Availability protocols and Global Server Load Balancing technologies (Netscaler)
- WAN circuits and protocols (Ethernet, MPLS).
- Dynamic IP Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, PIM Multicast).
- Expertise in AS connectivity (eBGP, MPLS)
- Virtualization technologies, both networking (VRF, VDC, Nexus1kv) and compute (VMware, Openstack)
- Knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA and or Firepower
- "Cloud" (supporting IaaS) experience desirable
- CCNP or equivalent is a plus.
Duration: 1+ year
Location: Allen, TX
Network Engineer / Architect