Sero is looking for a Security Engineer to support our NAVSEA project in Portsmouth, Virginia. Duties include:
- Exercise knowledge of the NIST SP 800-37b Risk Management Framework for Information Systems and Organizations.
- Support Risk Management Framework package development.
- Develop policy and documentation to support the Risk Management Framework process.
- Assess and implement security controls, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scans in accordance with the SAP.
- Provide high level expertise on technical security, to include cyber security, to internal and external customers.
- Provide expertise and direction in the development or modification of complex security requirements, processes, architectures, mechanisms, or validation activities in order to enhance the security posture of an enterprise.
- Monitor, evaluate, and maintain systems and procedures to protect the data systems and databases from unauthorized users.
- Identify potential threats and respond to reported security violations.
- Determine causes of security breaches and research, recommend, and implement changes to procedures to protect data from future violations.
- Assist in educating users on security procedures.
- Verify traceability between system authorization data flow, boundary diagrams, Hardware, Firmware, Software, Ports, Protocols and Services (PPS) lists, and ACAS scan.
- Make data entries into eMASS record for assigned systems and track RMF process time-lines.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Math or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years experience with Navy networks.
- Level III NQV (will consider Level II with experience in cloud hosting environments).
- Experience with cloud hosting environments (i.e. AWS/DISA/Azure).
- NAVSEA experience afloat/ashore is highly desired.
- Secret Clearance is required.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).