Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Line Haul Supervisor and the DC Operations Management Team manage and control all scheduled and unscheduled inbound trailers enter the yard and any sub-contractors working on site at the facility.
- Communicate to DC Operations Team via radio communication all inbound arrivals prior to arriving at the designated door.
- Document all incoming trailer/chassis to ensure they are directed to the appropriate door locations with Planning, Receiving and Line haul Supervisors as well Sr. Yard Driver.
- All scheduled deliveries appointments for the Receiving department will be scheduled during the transition to the new yard management system utilizing the Receiving Calendar located in Outlook
- Review and document all outbound trailers/chassis to ensure BOL contains, correct trailers number, and seal number. Ensure prior to departure seal is secure and affix to the trailer. Initial the BOL and log the driver out of the yard (date/time).
- Conduct daily yard check and document all trailer/chassis in the yard as well as any/all storage or return trailers – report daily to Line Haul Supervisor.
- Coordinate with the UPS Supervisor the pickup and drop times for all parcel package deliveries
- Maintain, refine and/or improve processes within the area to meet requirements which include deadlines and quality standards.
- Emphasize safety and quality commitments for the department and ensure 100% compliance with the department’s processes and procedures.
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- High school diploma; College degree preferred
- No less than 2 – 5 years of security/law enforcement position
- proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or similar suite
- Ability to train individuals
- Dedicated to business and willing to adjust schedule and hours as needed to manage department
- Understanding of general work practices in warehousing and distribution center processes and procedures
- Ability to write simple reports, use a computer, and present information to groups of managers.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as BOL’s , Freight logs and intermodal trans documents, safety rules, operating and procedure manuals