Founded in 1960 by Laurence Graff OBE, the House of Graff is synonymous with the most fabulous jewels in the world. Throughout its rich history, Graff is said to have handled more diamonds of rarity, magnitude and distinction than any other jeweler and remains the undisputed leader in the production and retail of exceptional diamonds and precious gemstones.
If you want to be part of an exciting organization and linked to exceptionally talented professionals with a passion for excellence joining the House of Graff will offer you a unique opportunity to challenge yourself and reach your full potential.
- Perform security duty to protect company premises and property from unauthorized entry or theft using visual observation and cameras.
- Provide security for store staff and assets during the store opening and closing according to Graff’s global standards.
- Maintain a post or security checkpoint
- Greet visitors/clients and provides a high level of customer service.
- Communicate effectively with sales and administrative staff.
- Safeguard administrative offices by escorting visitors and monitoring outsiders activities
- Keep a log of visitors to administrative offices
- Maintain security logs, records and reports of occurrences; input or retrieve date on the computer.
- Provide a security presence for the building or a section of the building
- Prevent damage to property
- Monitor merchandise while customers are in the salon
- Provide security escort to staff and clients – and at offsite events.
- Control access to the salon by monitoring the front entrance
- Ensure the safety of all staff
- Observe activity in the store
- Regular reporting to Head of Security
- Able to work outside of regular duty hours such as evenings, weekends and holidays as well as travel occasionally
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & skills
- Minimum three years experience working in security capacity
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Excellent communication skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of security procedures, policies and operational protocols.
- Experience working with CCTV equipment and alarm systems
- Computer literacy
- Physical fitness a must – ability to stand for long periods of time and move heavy objects – ability to react quickly both physically and mentally to emergencies.
- Satisfactory completion of an approved security guard training course approved by the New York State of Criminal Justice in accordance with the Security Guard Act of 1992
- Valid security guard registration
- Pass background and drug test
- Professional grooming and presentation a must – clean and pressed suit, shirt and tie per the company dress code.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Able to multitask, work nights, weekends, holidays as well as travel
- High school diploma
This is a full time position with benefits.