Do you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living’s values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
- Kind and Compassionate
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
- Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Security Guard is responsible to make a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. The Security Guard is responsible to assure the safety and security of residents, employees, facility, facility grounds and equipment and to assist in maintenance and housekeeping functions as needed.
Security Guard essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Make routine patrols of the entire building and grounds, observing, documenting and reporting on unusual activities.
- Investigation of incidents of unusual circumstances reported by employees, visitors or residents, and documents them appropriately.
- Responds to fire alarms and other emergencies in an efficient manner. Effectively communicates during these emergencies, and has the ability to remain calm during stressful situations.
- Checks in with the charge nurse on duty in both nursing and personal care.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks (painting, minor repairs, systems maintenance) as needed for the comfort and safety of residents, visitors and employees.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Maintain all applicable logs as directed.
- Flexible to work various hours as necessary, to include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to set-up and break down tables, chairs, etc. in common areas for resident and employee functions as necessary.
- Carries out all duties in a courteous, helpful and professional manner at all times when dealing with residents, employees and visitors.
Related Experience: 1 year experience as a Security Guard, preferably in a similar community, hotel, or school
Education or Degree Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: N/A
A Drug-Free Workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer