Job Title: Security Office Personnel
Reports To: Security Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-exempt/Part-time
This position is responsible for patrolling all areas of property and parking lots, securing doors, ensuring the safety of all guests, employees and contract labor while on premises.
* Secures property.
* Locks and unlocks facility doors.
* Conducts routine property walks.
* Responds to emergency situations.
* Operates lighting system when requested.
* Interacts with the public and all levels of management and fellow employees.
* Secures the safety of all individuals on the premises.
* Performs bag checks and searches for incoming employees, vendors and service providers.
* Appropriately deals with "unruly" people.
* Works independently, and judges and assesses situations for immediate response.
* Monitor CCTV and Life Safety Systems.
* All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* High School diploma or G.E.D.; some college preferred
* 6 months to 1 year security experience, preferably in a similar environment
* Valid driver's license required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Strong customer service skills
* Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
* Ability to work irregular hours including, night shifts, weekends and holidays
* Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
To perform this job successfully, the individual should have some computer knowledge.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
No certifications are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will require a large amount of walking, climbing, stooping, and possibly heavy lifting. Position requires work in both indoor and outdoor settings. This position may be subjected to adverse conditions, including contact from hostile people.
Applications can be found at www.accessoshowarecenter.com/venue/employment (http://www.accessoshowarecenter.com/venue/employment).
accesso ShoWare Center
625 W James St.
Kent, WA 98032
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 253-856-6706.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled