Founded in 1887, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Women’s Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
Security officers at Dignity Health’s California Hospital enjoy the same approach to compensation and benefits all our employees do. This includes a base salary, performance-based cash awards, annual pay reviews and more. Medical, dental, vision, retirement plans and retiree medical plans (most locations) are also excellent.
The Security Officer is expected to provide a reasonably safe and secure environment for all who enter Dignity Health properties and to assure the physical security of buildings and grounds. It is expected that the security officer will demonstrate behavior consistent with Dignity Health core value and humankindness. The security officer shall support Dignity Health’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement/process improvement activities. Responsibilities include:
- Protecting staff, patients, and visitors by responding to calls for assistance in a timely and prudent manner such as violent or unruly patients, visitors, crimes committed or in progress, opening doors, and responding to emergency codes.
- Patrol the facility and grounds by foot or vehicle; monitor security alarms and dispatch officers promptly to location(s) where needed, and report unsafe acts or conditions.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures, equipment, supplies, reports HIPAA breaches if witnessed; investigate security breaches, conduct follow-up investigations, and write incident reports.
- Log all activities in a daily log to accurately record events; and (2) complete clear, concise, and legible reports in a timely manner; use appropriate emergency and radio codes in dispatching security officers while knowing hospital campus to ensure that those dispatched are to right location.
security, officer, guard, safety, protection, guard card, IAHSS, law enforcement, military service, police , public safety
- Six (6) months experience as a security officer in a hospital or healthcare setting, prior law enforcement or military service; or one (1) year experience as a security officer.
- High school diploma or equivalent; or three (3) years’ experience as a security officer.
- Current driver’s license issued by the state wherein the position is posted with satisfactory DMV report on file or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire
- Complete workplace violence training annually.
- Must be able to speak English, communicate clearly orally, and in writing; understand and use de-escalation techniques.
- Completion of IAHSS Basic Training for Healthcare Security Officer within 90 days, and American Heart Association CPR/BLS Certification within 90 days of hire.
- Active California Guard Registration/Security License issued by Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS)
#HelloSecurityOfficer #missioncritical #immediatelyhiring #hiring