JOB TITLE: Safety Security Officer
DIVISON: Services – Security
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
LOCATION: Manhattan, NY
The Safety Security Officer/Residential Aide is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of all client’s, staff, and the property around the facility in a 140 bed men’s homeless shelter. This position reports to the Shift Supervisor and Security Manager of the Facility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform daily inspections of all clients’ rooms
· Escort clients to appointments as needed
· Interact with and monitor client’s behavior and maintain good rapport by providing excellent customer service. Encourage clients to comply with facility policy and procedures.
· Control access at the main entrance by screening all clients, and visitors, utilizing magnetometer / x-ray machine to detect and prevent weapons from entering the site.
· Perform Crisis Intervene to de-escalate potential crisis situations and document all such situations and interventions.
· Make hourly rounds throughout entire facility including all hallways, stairwells, floors, bathrooms, laundry rooms, kitchen, and office spaces.
· Respond to incidents
· Assist with client intakes
· Perform daily pack ups and logging of client property belonging to AWOL clients
· Store and remove client property once the mandated storage time have expired
· Maintain a clean and organized storage area
· Complete logs, incident reports and all other required documentation.
· Make calls to police, fire department and other first responders as directed.
· Perform administrative and receptionist duties at the operations desk; monitor video surveillance cameras, and fire prevention / detection alarm notification system.
· Provide duties related to fire incident, evacuation of the building when necessary, utilizing Fire procedure.
· Ensure the safety and security of all assigned equipment.
· Perform other tasks as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED and prior security experience required. Must have NYS Security Guard License, and current 8 Hour Annual Certificate. Fire Guard License for Shelters preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary. Certified in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) preferred. Must be able to work flexible shifts, weekends and overtime if necessary.