Prevents entrance of unauthorized persons by questioning, routing or persuasion.
• Directs to desired location after being satisfied that their presence is justified.
• Locks and unlocks doors according to schedule.
• Monitors security signal systems in security office or on doors. Takes appropriate action if warning signal is received.
• Performs detex clock patrol according to schedule.
• During rounds, makes notes of and later reports unsafe conditions and fire hazards observed during rounds.
• Checks windows that should be closed; reports to engineering any apparent malfunctioning of heating, plumbing or electrical systems observed during rounds.
• Checks doors and locks those found opened that should be secured.
• In morning, unlocks doors requested for day operations.
• Performs duties as assigned in the fire safety program.
• Participates in or conducts investigations and prepares reports.
Immediately responds via telephone or radio alert when security personnel are requested to restore order or maintain the peace where trouble has broken out or is immediately threatened. This may involve interaction with residents, visitors or members of the staff.
• Notifies appropriate authorities within the facility when an incident of significant has occurred. In addition to the CHief of Security, it is imperative that the Nursing Supervisor on duty , or if so directed, the administrator on call be provided with full particulars of the incident.
• Visitor/ Resident Safety: By persuasion, prevents egress of residents who should not leave the Home; immediately reports particularly difficult instances and notable changes in resident behavior to supervising nurse as appropriate.
• Responding to floors and units when called to enforce visiting policy when problem s are encountered.
• Record keeping / Administrative: Maintains log book and records al facts pertinent to security operation.
• Operates in accord with package pass procedures. Receive and records articles that have been turned in ; returns to owner. Receives and records report of articles claimed to be lost. Takes appropriate actions to prevent pilferage , arson, assault and sabotage.
Must be able to speak well and write proficiently.
Security Guard license