Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at over 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBAâ€™s Atlantic House Menâ€™s Shelter located in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn serves 200 single men at any given time. The majority of these clients are dually diagnosed with mental illness and substance abuse.
Position: Security Guard
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
Location: 2402 Atlantic Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11233
What The Security Guard Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under general direction, to: (1) Maintain access control and traffic inside facilities to ensure the order and security of people and property; (2) Detect and/or prevent fires, vandalism, theft, or infractions of the rules; (3) Maintain assigned posts throughout the facility until properly relieved; (4) Protect employees, visitors, and clients; (5) Observe and report irregularities such as unusual behavior, property damage, fire hazards, etc.; and (6) Provide directions to visitors when requested.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have and maintain a NYS Security Guard license.
- Must have 8 hour Pre-Assignment security guard training course certificate.
- Must obtain F02 fireguard and maintain throughout employment.
- Must have 16 hour On-the-Job security guard training course certificate or obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Must complete 8 Hour Annual In-Service Course each calendar year.
- Must obtain NYS Security Guard registration, and must maintain registration during employment.
- Must obtain annual PPD test.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention and First Aid / CPR certified.
Powered by JazzHR