BASIC FUNCTION:Provides a secure and safe environment for consumers and staff of LESC. Reinforces LESC�s non-loitering policy and promotes a positive image of LESC to the community.
- Informs Coordinator of Security, clinical staff and Director of illegal and/or inappropriate activities including consumer�s negative behaviors.
- Interacts with consumers in domestic community settings including streets, parks, and businesses to reduce loitering on East Broadway and designated areas.
- Promotes the philosophy and goals of LESC to the merchants and community in collaboration with the Coordinator of Security and the Director in order to dispel negative stereotypes and improve relations.
- Lessens loitering within designated areas.
- Directs traffic in the waiting area and routes consumers to their destinations.
- Diffuses potential violence by intervening and positively interacting with volatile, acting out consumers and when necessary, escorts acting out consumers out of building.
- Takes urine samples, records number of specimens collected for the month and responsible for toxicology system.
- Informs staff of unusual or events in the waiting room or offices involving consumers, such as drug dealing, hostility between consumers, consumers abusing drugs, etc.
- Fills in for other security staff who are on leave.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
QUALIFICATION - EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- NYS Security Guard License. High School Diploma, GED and/or a satisfactory equivalent combination of education and/or training and experience. Good interpersonal skills and ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner. Takes charge of consumers in a sensitive manner, as not to interfere or prohibit the meaningful progress of the consumer.
SCHEDULE:Monday-Friday, 6:30AM-2:30PM (shift is subject to change coverage between 6:30AM-6:30PM) &Alternating Sat 7:30AM-12:30PM
LOCATION:NY, NY 10002
To join our diverse team, please include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume/application submission.