AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Home to many of the most iconic performances of all time, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are Northern California’s most legendary music and event venues. Since opening, the multi-purpose facilities have hosted a spectrum of concerts, sporting events and other major attractions totaling audiences of nearly 100 million. Located in Oakland, CA and managed by AEG Facilities, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are home to the MLB’s Oakland Athletics and the NFL’s Oakland Raiders. The venues continue to host legendary acts and welcome countless sold out concerts, multiple-show runs and major music festivals.
The Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of AEG patrons, employees and assets.
- Responds to security and safety calls in a timely manner. Patrols of the facilities and parking lots, searches guest bags, prevents prohibited items from entering the facility, investigates incidents, and screens guests with metal detectors, wands and pat down procedures.
- Interact with AEG patrons, vendors and employees in a courteous and professional manner and comply with all legal and ethical instructions given by the Security Management team.
- Other duties as assigned by Security Management team.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 0-1 years of related work experience
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and post offer drug screen
- Must have a California Driver’s License
- Applicants must have a current Guard Card or Proprietary Security Officer (PSO) Card OR be willing and able to obtain one prior to employment
- An understanding of the rule of law and relevant penal codes
- Ability to maintain good business relations with all departments and staff
- Ability to effectively perform in crises and work under pressure without the loss of composure
- Ability to exhibit maturity by making sound judgement
- Ability to memorize, recollect and quickly retrieve relevant information
- Ability to interact effectively and calmly with angry or emotional patrons and employees during intensely aggravated circumstances
- Ability to participate in all departmental and company wide meetings
- Ability to maintain patron, employee and company confidentiality
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Understanding of written and spoken English
- Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without the loss of efficiency or composure
- Tasks are preformed with moderate supervision
- Walking and standing occurs 90% of the time
- Talking, hearing, walking, running and vision activities occur continuously
- Some tasks may require employees to come in contact with hazardous materials. Employee should use precautions and follow safety guidelines
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.