We are currently recruiting for a Security Guard to join the Benchmade Knife Company team. The primary responsibility of the Security Guard is to handle interior and exterior security through manual observation and the use of on-site cameras.
In this role you will be responsible for using corporate protocol to greet facility guests, assigning the proper security badge to each visitor, monitoring the interior and exterior of the facility, checking to make sure that certain doors and areas are locked and that facility is safe and secure. The Security Guard/Receptionist will be reporting any suspicious activities to the appropriate channels and the local police department immediately. The ideal candidate for this position has a background in security and a professional disposition.
- Greet each guest having them sign-in and assign the appropriate badge. Notifying the employees that their guest(s) have arrived and review the security requirements for the guest.
- Collect and file sign-in sheets for reference and audit.
- Track badges to make sure all badges are accounted for and if a badge needs to be deactivated or replaced.
- Perform scheduled and random checks of designated areas throughout the facility to check for any security breaches or suspicious behaviors.
- Utilize the company’s guest policies to issue guest badges and make sure that each guest is accompanied by an employee before entering the facility
- Ensure the security, safety and well-being of all personnel, visitors and the premises
- Provide excellent customer service
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards
- Immediately respond to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and customers
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other Security/safety issues
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control and accident investigations
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Maintains safe and secure environment for Benchmade and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises, reporting and responding to issues following approved guidelines.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Complete walk through’s of the facility to check that door readers/strikes are operating correctly and if there are security concerns document per security processes and procedures.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the Security field
- Former and current military, law enforcement, and or certified security professionals preferred
- Advanced knowledge of security operations and procedures
- Must possess strong group communication skills
- Proven history of working well in stressful situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of following complex instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills
Benchmade offer our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Cash profit sharing and performance incentives
- Medical including Prescriptions and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Pay for time off, including holiday, bonus holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement and jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Outstanding employee discounts on Benchmade products and other partner companies
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted development planning and learning opportunities
- Employee and family events throughout the year
- Most importantly, Benchmade provides a fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, complete an application today. Please include a resume and cover letter.
Benchmade Knife Company values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act