Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and 6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is seamless and secure - whether it’s for big data, payment cards, government issued identification, mobile financial services or highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. Our website is www.validusa.com.
Valid has an outstanding opportunity for a Security Guard to cover the overnight shift at our Downers Grove location. The hours will be 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., with a schedule of 4 days on/3 days off, then 3 days on/4 days off to ensure we have 24-hour coverage.
What will you do?
- Perform proper and thorough security inspections throughout the facility.
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities and informing violators of policy and procedures.
- Understand and use Computerized Management (CCTV) surveillance system to ensure efficient and proper documentation.
- Ensure all security paperwork is accurate, completed on time, and neat.
- Complete security reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Follow all security policies and procedures. Take immediate action to correct safety and security issues.
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Perform related job duties as needed and assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 6 months of Security experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Manufacturing/Warehouse experience preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel to complete reports.
- Willingness to be on-call and provide coverage for other shifts as needed; overtime will be required as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb stairs and ladders, and work in tight spaces in and around machinery.
- Must possess high standards of personal integrity and confidentiality. Able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Positive attitude, good communication skills, and willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Willingness to comply with our background check and drug test process upon hire.
What we offer:
- Benefits include competitive pay, health, vision, dental and life insurance, 401(k), employee discounts, on the job training and much more.