Security Guard/ Per Diem / Day ShiftJob Number:002ARF
The health system's goal is to provide our patients with quality care, and do so in a safe environment. As the Security Officer, you will implement and follow the necessary procedures to ensure the safety of patients, families and team members. You will provide protection for the buildings, grounds, assets, equipment, and the general environment.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for assistance from visitors, team members and patients.
- Patrols and surveys hospital buildings and grounds.
- Notifies management of facility status, activities and any problems.
- Monitors entrances, verifies passes and issues appropriate ID badges.
- Confronts unauthorized persons, as needed.
- Reports all fire hazards and safety violations.
- Escorts hospital personnel, as required.
- Investigates, reports on, and documents incidents.
- Secures/unlocks offices, storage areas and other facilities. Secures patient property and documents accordingly.
- Maintains lost and found items.
- Monitors and controls vehicular traffic on campus and enforces parking regulations.
- Performs banking and other messenger duties, and assists medical personnel, as required.
- Ensures department/hospital equipment is maintained in serviceable condition. Communicates equipment needs/repairs to management.
- Operates department vehicles in a safe and courteous manner, in accordance with NYS vehicle and Traffic Laws.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- New York State Security Guard License (exception to Police Officers), required.
- Valid New York State Driver's license, required.
- Minimum one (1) year security (in the healthcare industry, preferred)
- Prior law enforcement experience including patrol duties, incident investigation and report writing, preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Clickon the link tolearn more about us:www.northshorelij.com/goals
Finance Job Family:SVC_AP
Primary Location:Queens County-Forest Hills-Forest Hills Hospital
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time:8:00 AM-4:00 PM
Job Level:Team Member