Northwest is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision, the Security Guard position provides security services for the Security and Safety Department. The Security Guard position supports an organizational culture for Service Excellence and practices the Service Excellence Standards to all customer groups. The employee must maintain a Texas Private Security Level II License.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDS USED:
1. Telephone/voice mail
2. Two-way radio system
3. CCTV security monitoring system
4. Personal computer/printer/E-mail/Fax
5. Pager/paging system
7. Various police-type equipment to include Pepper Spray if certified
8. Must purchase and wear a complete Security Guard’s uniform.
9. Security Vehicle for patrol
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
1. U.S. citizen of good character with no Felony or Class A convictions (including probation or deferred adjudication) no Class B convictions (including probation or deferred adjudication) in the past 10 years
2. High School Diploma or GED required
3. Possess a valid Texas drivers license with a good driving record
4. Required to hold (or be eligible for) either a valid State of Texas Peace Officers License or a valid Commissioned Private Security Guard License issued by the Texas Commission on Private Security (TCPS). Must remain compliant with TPCS renewal regulations.
5. Experience in arrest, search and seizure, interviewing techniques and interrogation preferred