Responsible for patrolling the premises of residences or buildings to detect suspicious activity, assist tenants, and ensure the safety of occupants.
- Protect property and lives by patrolling the area.
- Monitor entrance of property through surveillance.
- Identify visitors and ask for appropriate documents.
- Guard against theft and maintain security.
- Respond to alarms and calls of distress.
- Stop suspicious people and ask for identification.
- Investigate thefts and file police reports.
- Call for aid if necessary.
- Use walkie-talkies, pagers, and cell phones to stay in contact with security personnel.
- Apprehend criminals and evict violators.
- Prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Check purses, pockets, and bags for suspicious items.
- Remove weapons and stow away for later retrieval.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Regulate and monitor building systems.
- Inspect windows and doors to ensure locks are in place and working.