Position Title: Security Officer/Part-time
Reports To: Security Department Manager
Classification: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Responsible for overseeing the safety and security of Toyota-Arena patrons, employees, and assets.
*Responsible for maintaining twenty-four (24) hour security of the interior and exterior of the building.
*Conduct patrols of the building on a regular basis.
*Respond to all safety & security calls in a professional and timely manner.
*Interact with Toyota-Arena's patrons, vendors & employees in a courteous and professional manner.
*Conduct bag search / wand / monitors metal detectors for all those entering arena.
*Complete all assigned tasks within the guidelines & deadlines set by the Security Manager.
*Comply & adhere to the department's performance, conduct & attendance standards.
*Comply with all legal & ethical instructions given by the Security Manager.
*Comply with and adhere to the department's dress code.
*Adhere to the Security department's prime directives.
*Exhibit exemplary conduct & appearance while on duty.
*Investigate & compile accurate incident reports.
Experience/Training/Education: None required.
License/Certificate: California Issued Guard Card
● Minimum education of high school diploma or its equivalency
● 0 -- 2 years in a sports and entertainment venue preferred
● Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
● Understand the rule of law and relevant penal codes
● Ability to represent the Security Dept. in an exemplary manner
● Ability to maintain good business relations with all the employees & managers in
● Ability to effectively perform in crises and work under pressure without loss of
● Ability to maintain patron, employee and company confidentiality
● Ability to acquire a California Guard Card at your own expense. This is required
before an Officer can work.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
● Ability to stand on hard surfaces and walk for long periods of time
● Ability to climb up and down stairs throughout the shift
● Ability to work in changing temperatures, inside the arena and outdoors
Applicants must be available to work evenings and weekends, as well as some Holidays.
This is an event related position. Schedules will vary based on the needs of the arena.
To Apply: GOcvb.org
Recruiters- Tiffany Williams & Yolanda Madden-Spring
4000 E. Ontario Center Parkway
Ontario, CA. 91764
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 909-244-5500
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled