Linxx Global Solutions (Linxx) is looking to hire experienced Security Guards for immediate hire. These are full and part-time positions located at the USCG Base, Boston, MA. NOTE: This is a Union position and employees are required to join the Union
- Responsible for providing armed security, safeguarding facilities, access control, screening, visitor processing, conducting patrols and control center operations.
- Protect property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference.
- Serve at a fixed post, making round on foot, bicycle or motor vehicle, parking enforcement, escorting persons or property and other duties as needed.
- Enforce regulations designed to prevent breaches of security.
- Exercise judgment and use discretion in dealing with first response situations.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Inspect packages and perform vehicle inspections.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to speak, understand, read and write the English language fluently.
- Capable of passing a medical examination, drug screen, and background investigation.
- Willing to work various shifts, including nights and some holidays.
- Able to present a professional appearance.
- U.S. citizen
- Current Massachusetts Firearms Permit
- Age 21 or older
- High school diploma or GED
- At least two years relevant experience as security guard or law enforcement
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Possess a current certification in the expandable baton and OC spray
- Current driver's license
Linxx is a fast growing Government contracting company, with corporate offices located in Virginia Beach, VA and contract support offices operating in 35 locations across the U.S. Linxx is a well-run, lean company with an excellent past performance record. We are dedicated to improving the security of America and her allies through insightful analysis, creative product development, and exceptional customer service.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Basic and voluntary life insurance
- Disability coverage
- Paid time off
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.