https://app.jobvite.com//Logo/2628_GPSLogo180x110BLUE_1473358962350_Company.jpg" alt="No Image" />
Implementation Engineers at GuidePoint Security are passionate professionals and security fanatics. Our Security Implementation Engineers are our competitive differentiator and ensure the GuidePrant brand is one of the strongest in the industry by delivering a world experience during services engagements. Our unique position as both a Value-Added Reseller (VAR) AND a professional services organization also requires our Security Engineers to continually expand their knowledge and experience with the latest cutting-edge information security technologies. This helps satisfy our Security Implementation Engineers desire to constantly expand their knowledge and better meet the needs of our clients. Candidates must reside locally within the Northeast for local travel when necessary
- Working experience with leading firewall vendors such as such as PaloAlto, CheckPoint, Fortinet, or Cisco ASA.
- Knowledge of secure network design principles across a variety of environments; cloud, on-prem, hybrid, containerized, and serverless.
- Knowledge of advanced policy sets using layers, filters, application id’s, etc.
- Working experience with secure web gateway technologies such as ZScaler, Symantec, etc.
- Working experience with traditional network infrastructure (switching/routing) across a variety of vendors (HP, Cisco, Juniper, Brocade).
- Proficiency in client and server operating systems including Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Experience with foundational security concepts.
- Ability to author technical documentation such as security runbooks, policy, and best practices
- Ability to autonomously prioritize and successfully deliver across a portfolio of projects
- Up to 50% out-of-town travel may be required to client locations in New England and New York Metro.
- Security Engineers work from home when not visiting client locations.
- Experience in a consultative or professional services role previously.
- Experience securing network traffic into, out of, and in between containerized or infrastructure as code (serverless) environments.
- Working knowledge of AWS, Azure, & GCP and relevant certifications.
- Hands on experience migrating from one firewall vendor to another with tools such as PaloAlto Expedition, CheckPoint SmartMove, etc.
- Experience deploying and operationalizing firewall governance tools such as Tufin, FireMon, Algosec, and SkyBox.
- Experience with network visibility and control tools such as ForeScout and HP ClearPass.
- Experience deploying network taps or traffic aggregators such as Gigamon and Garland.
- Experience with other Information Security concepts including DLP, CASB, SDWAN, Deception, NAC, Proxy, EDR/EPP/NGAV, SIEM, Vulnerability Management, System Hardening, etc.
- Educational & Professional Credentials Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience 1-2 years of security engineering experience in the Information Security industry.
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 350 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.