Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Security Manager will be responsible for ensuring the safety of all customers, employees, and assets while delivering exceptional guest service.
Key responsibilities of the Security Manager include:
- Overseeing the operations of the Security Department
- Planning, directing, coordinating, controlling and staffing all activities of the Security team while creating and maintaining a positive work environment
- Maintaining a courteous, cooperative, authentic and professional environment for guests and staff
- Interacting with guests and associates on a regular basis in public areas for quality assurance
- Using effective problem resolution tactics to address guest issues
- Gathering and assessing information that may impact the security and safety of personnel and the profitability or reputation of the hotel
- Understanding the nature of security risks in the business environment and the application of appropriate financial and managerial controls to mitigate the risk
- Operating ethically to protect the image of the business
- Ensuring that the Security Team is responding rapidly to requests for emergency and non-urgent assistance in a professional and hospitable manner
- Providing appropriate assistance regarding guest or employee incidents/accidents
- Communicating effectively, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance
- Working quickly and independently to resolve operational and/or guest issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through with appropriate manager(s)
The ideal Security Manager candidate will have hotel security experience, manager or supervisory experience and an innate knack for connecting with both customers and employees.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; two-year or four-year college degree preferred
- At least 2 years of hotel security leadership experience required
- Must have current Guard Card or the ability to obtain a guard card before starting employment
- High degree of emotional maturity and the ability to calmly facilitate the appropriate resolution
- Must have the ability to act quickly and exercise judgment under pressure/conflict situations
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions with relatively little input
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and maintain principles under internal and/or external pressure
- Demonstrated ability to handle emergency and/or stressful situations in a calm, professional manner
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, calm, clear speaking voice
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to use logic to define the problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations
- Ability to multi task through strong organizational skills
- Must be computer literate; have experience using Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions and/or short correspondence and memos
- Ability to move throughout the hotel (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift, pull, and push up to 40 lbs.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that includes days, nights, weekdays, weekends and holidays. The hotel is a 24 hour/day, 7 days/week operation
This position supervises a security team and provides guidance and direction for hotel team and guests.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.