Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!Role Overview
This position is for a seasoned professional in Facilities, who works independently, implements requisite changes and new or modified plans. Inspects projects, participates in cross functional teams, performs prebuilding assessments, and plans maintenance activities. Responsible for improvements in Facilities processes to enhance Facilities team performance.
This is a security management position providing leadership to management personnel in the design, implementation, and maintenance of an integrated site security mitigation systems and technology. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and control of processes, procedures and strategy with clear ownership and direct accountability. You will also coordinate the execution of technology processes, resources and maintain management oversight, and develop security techniques and manage oversight to various integrator services for the enterprise while providing expertise in the area of security technology.
This leadership position designs and implements strategies and programs to mitigate and minimize risks associated with security operations coupled with a focus on the employee lifecycle experience.
- The incumbent will manage/conduct system operations which have or could affect based upon known risks, the brand and/or people, property, plant, product and proprietary information.
- The incumbent will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing access control systems (i.e Milestone, Facility Commander and Lenel ); as well as developing standardized protocols for site integration under the leadership of each location security designee and/or consultative support to disparate systems.
Other responsibilities include:
- Prepares technical operation plans based on the expert interpretation of analyzed systems and capabilities
- Directs plans and carries out the most sensitive and complex operations and projects
- Briefs senior and executive management on the status of technology both internal system and industry relevant updates
- Participates in and/or handles extremely sensitive or high profile projects that may result cost savings or other efficiencies
- Will work closely with the staff of the Facility Services, Human Resources, security related groups, and other process partners and business units.
- Accountable for the development, implementation, and continuous assessment global technology including forecasting five year technology roadmaps with flexibility for affordability and risk
- Seeks to raise awareness within the company across security teams surrounding the capability and efficient use of security mitigation technology.
At times, this may include training for site security designees. This position must possess an operational knowledge and maintain oversight for security technology systems (access control, cameras intrusion detection) as aligned with applicable laws. This position operates in a highly matrix environment with autonomy to act; manages cross-divisional projects; and exhibits a high degree of influence to gain support.
- May manage cross-functional teams comprised of members from other areas in order to design, develop and deliver services with the businesses of the enterprise
- Project leadership includes identifying opportunities, business and project risk assessment, defining and financially justifying projects
- Manages the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which the goals, objectives, and metrics are being met
- Monitors external developments including but not limited to best practices, tools, and technologies to enhance the overall program
- Provides support to the Director of Security in the development and management of the capital and expense budget for security operations forecasting resource needs
- This position requires a minimal amount of travel; up to 15% of work time
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.
- In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- US Citizen is required.
- Capable of passing a National Security Background Investigation to enable the issuance of a security clearance to get DOD clearance.
- Aerospace experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a military, law enforcement, intelligence, public service, or private sector security organization.
- Experience in a leadership role and relevant project management work experience with a demonstrated record to lead and execute security compliance and risk mitigation programs.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms