Let us introduce ourselves. Crane Currency is a fully integrated supplier of banknotes for more than 50 central banks from all over the world, as well as a pioneer in advanced micro-optics technology. We're proud to have just been named "Banknote and Currency Services Provider of the Year" by Central Banking Publications for our cutting-edge security features and state-of-the-art designs.
Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to hiring and retaining the best in the industry. That's why we offer outstanding rewards, including excellent incentives, superb resources and opportunity for growth and advancement. More than a company, we're a community of professionals dedicated to excellence and passionate about what we do. Bring your best game and we will provide you with the opportunity to thrive.
Teamwork is Currency at Crane
We're looking for a Security Officer to maintain the security of Crane Currency's grounds and buildings. The Security Officer will manage the entrance and exit gates, witness the proper disposal of security features, conduct walk through security checks of all buildings and grounds, and provide escort services to outside contractors and visitors inside the secure Dalton facilities. The Security Officer must possess, and maintain, a valid Massachusetts Class “A” firearms permit and complete all required departmental training including pistol qualification and pepper spray training.
- Verify proper clearance or authorization of all persons entering and leaving the grounds
- Operate all gates, manual or automatic, and turnstiles
- Maintain communication with Control Center on all activities
- Clear all visitors, contractors, and deliveries through Security Control Center
- Proper and careful operation of the security vehicles
- Complete rounds of mills and office buildings, checking for safety and security both inside and outside
- Conduct bag checks and vehicle searches as required by policy
- Security personnel must be familiar with their surroundings and report any hazards, problems, or unusual findings
- Communicate with Security Control Center and/or local Police Department as needed
- Ensure that mill security policies are followed by all outside personnel
- Use non-deadly force (e.g., physical confrontation skills) or firearms for self-defense or defense of another person
- Clear work area whenever pedestrian safety is compromised, including sweeping, shoveling and sanding of sidewalks, pathway in and out of turnstile, and steps leading to work area
- As this position requires the handling of highly sensitive correspondence and information, the incumbent must provide the strictest level of absolute confidentiality
Crane offers pay for Security Officers starting at $17.53/hour, world class benefits, generous 401k match, and much more. Our company is a fast-paced, global business with tight deadlines and high expectations for superior quality products. Don't miss out, apply now!Qualifications
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must possess and maintain a valid Massachusetts Class “A” firearms permit or a restricted Massachusetts Class "A" firearms permit, with the intention of obtaining an unrestricted permit within 120 days of accepting the position, and meet safety and firearms qualification requirements
- Minimum of one year security or law enforcement experience or an Associates or higher degree in Criminal Justice, Security or a related field
- Certified as a Certified Protection Officer (CPO) by the International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO) preferred and can be substituted for the required experience above
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record in all road conditions
- Ability to read, write, keep neat and accurate records, and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of the job and work in a safe manner
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Ability to understand and follow operating/job procedures
- Must be able to submit to and pass company drug and alcohol testing on short notice on a recurring basis
- Ability to act quickly, calmly, and appropriately in emergency situations
- Must complete all applicable safety training
- Must possess and maintain good verbal communication skills
- Must pass certified weapons training courses, as required and have a signed Firearms & Use of Force policy on file
- Willing and able to work any shift and/or overtime as needed
- The “Most Qualified” candidate will be selected for this position
The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements which includes being a US Citizen.
Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees. Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.careersatcrane.com. Crane is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab