Operating a hospital is more than IV bags and trauma rooms. One might be surprised by the number of people – and the hats they wear – who work behind the scenes to make sure a hospital runs smoothly and safely for our patients, visitors and staff. Each one plays a critical role and is part of a team to ensure the best care for our patients.
North Colorado Medical Center is looking for a part-time Security Officer in beautiful Northern Colorado. This Security Officer position works every Thursday and Fridays from 6a-6p. If you are interested in this Security Officer position, please apply!!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner Health - Western Region
Whether you are seeking a clinical or non-clinical career, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. Banner Health's Western Region consists of facilities that offer comprehensive care in friendly, small-town environments. With Banner Health Western Region you get a unique combination of the latest technology at your workplace and relaxed living.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position patrols the facilities and grounds; assists with the welfare and safety of personnel and patients; investigates critical incidents; assists employees, patients and visitors; interfaces with emergency response agencies; secures doors; monitors parking and traffic control. Performs assigned security duties promptly and accurately. Works varied assignments and shifts.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and be customer service oriented in all contacts with patients, visitors and staff.
- Responds to all emergency codes for assistance and control. Patrols and inspects facility frequently to assist in maintaining a safer and more secure environment. Assists employees with security related matters, mediate disputes, conduct interviews, conduct searches, enforces parking regulations and traffic control. Serves as a security subject matter expert.
- Assists medical staff in restraining and handling troubled/combative patients. Ensures security policies are being followed. Patrols unoccupied areas and sets the alarms when appropriate. Locks and unlocks facility doors at prescribed times. Conducts money pick-ups from departments, logs pick-ups and successfully delivers the contents to the appropriate destination department. Releases bodies from the morgue, ensuring that all paperwork is complete. Checks alarms to ensure they are in proper working order. Escorts patients, visitors and employees when required for security purposes. Participates in security lead training designed for staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations. Performs citizen arrest and demonstrate critical thinking skills during extremely stressful situations as needed.
- Appropriately and effectively utilizes assigned non-lethal weapon according to policy and training.
- Investigates and completes written reports of complaints, critical security incidents and unusual activities involving patients, employees and visitors. Maintains an accurate log of all relevant security activities during each shift.
- Professionally testifies in criminal court, state hearings and review boards when required.
- Based on area of assignment may assist in the maintenance and preservation of confidential health documents including scanning into electronic patient health information systems.
Must maintain required security certifications.Must possess a valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must possess the ability to make accurate observations and exercise good independent judgment in a variety of situations (including emergencies). Must demonstrate the ability to write comprehensive security reports.Must successfully complete all required security departmental training, including department specific annual training and mandatory training as assigned. Must successfully complete Banner Health Basic Officer Academy.Must present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times and must possess strong verbal communications skills.Must qualify and maintain proficiency with assigned non-lethal weapons.Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform physical requirements of the position. Capabilities will be demonstrated through the successful completion of similarly related skills testing. Employees hired on or after January 1, 2019 will need to successfully demonstrate the physical requirements before starting in the role.Employees hired before January 1, 2019 must be able to successfully demonstrate the physical requirements by December 31, 2019. If upon initial evaluation, an employee is unable to successfully demonstrate the physical requirements, there will be a quarterly assessment administered.This physical skills assessment will then be conducted on an annual basis and employees must successfully meet the requirements to remain in role.
Prefer prior law enforcement, military, Corrections, healthcare or advance security experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.