Under direct supervision, the Security Officer position patrols assigned areas to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment. Responsibilities include:
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Watches for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious person and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
- Patrols assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports.
- Provides escorts as necessary
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- May provide specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment.
- Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports all malfunctioning as required.
JOB SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have or be willing to obtain the New York State Security Officer License.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs.
- Ability to walk extended periods of time.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and nighttime conditions.
- Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts and to be able to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on general and specific policies.
- Ability to retain knowledge, information, and directions on an ongoing basis and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
- Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers and their locations.
- Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned.
- Skill in operating portable radio devices.
- He/she must be customer service oriented.
- The successful candidate will pay close attention to detail.
- He/she must embody U.S. Security Associates’ values as a highly visible representative of the branch and set high standards for him/her and others.
Position based in Field Operations. Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.