Security Office Needed
The Security Officer is responsible for serving as the tactical response element for the Sands Expo Security Department’s mission, both for routine and emergency response operations. As the security department’s frontline of defense, enforce property rules and respond to incidents, accidents, alarms, and disturbances. Provide world class customer service to guests and attendees of all Sands Expo conventions and tradeshows.
- Patrol grounds and perimeters, and conduct checks of facilities and equipment; record findings.
- Report unsecure doors, windows or other openings; suspicious persons, vehicles, or circumstances; hazardous conditions; equipment operating at wrong times; problems with firefighting equipment; violations of company security or safety policies.
- Conduct static observation posts, observing personnel activities to detect threats.
- Responds to accidents, incidents, and alarms, in order of priority, to conduct initial incident investigations and discover and document essential elements at the time and location they occurred.
- Deal with difficult people in a fair and impartial manner.
- Monitor materials and equipment entering and leaving the facilities.
- Write reports, statements, and maintain logs as necessary.
- Issue trespass warnings as necessary in accordance with NRS 207.200.
- Represent Sands Expo in a positive and professional manner.
- Assist customers and visitors with information and requests for aid.
- Control reserved parking space utilization and control traffic utilized by buses, cabs, limousines, and private autos.
- Report all violations observed, notify your supervisor in any cases not covered by your instructions
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 50 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Ability to push or pull 200 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- · Able to stand for long periods, climb stairs and ladders, walk for long periods of time, walk on highly elevated platforms, and deal with confrontational people.
- 18 years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both in spoken and written form.
- Shift work, 40 hours per week, includes working nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Preferred - 2 years previous experience in the security industry.
- Must qualify/obtain a Las Vegas Metro Police Non-Gaming Work Card.
- Must qualify/obtain an alcohol management card.
Interested candidates, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org