Founded in 1887, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Women’s Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
- The Security Officer Lead is responsible for the coordination, and development of activities related to the overall safety and security for the hospital.
- Responsible for daily departmental operations.
- Will coordinate and supervise integrated security operations and systems;
- Will coordinate and supervise various training and education compliance activities for the staff.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as shift lead/supervisor in hospital security, military/police training or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years as a Public Safety/Security Officer.
- Completion of IAHSS Basic Training for Healthcare Security Officer within 90 days of hire.
- BLS training within 60 days of hire, refreshed bi-annually.
- Workplace violence training annually.
- Baton training within 60 days of hire, refreshed annually.
- Chemical Agents (including pepper foam) training within 60 days of hire, refreshed annually. Handcuff training within 60 days of hire, refreshed annually.
- Fire Safety Training required within 90 days of hire.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to speak English.
- Current Driver?s License issued by the State wherein the position is posted with satisfactory DMV report on file required at the time of hire.
- Current State issued Security Officer License, if applicable, showing no disciplinary actions required at the time of hire.
- Current State issued Baton License, if applicable, showing no disciplinary actions required 60 days of hire.