Have a Heart is the fastest-growing cannabis retailer on the west coast with operating stores in WA, CA, OR and IA, and further launch plans underway. We are currently seeking Security Officers to join our brand new Oakland shop.
We have committed to the City of Oakland that we will seek to hire individuals who reside in Oakland, as well as individuals who have former convictions or incarcerations. We intend to actively recruit such individuals and to that end, if you have a prior conviction or incarceration or reside in the City of Oakland, we encourage you to apply. We do not require that applicants disclose any prior convictions or incarcerations during the application process, and we will not ask. However, we do encourage that you inform us voluntarily in the application process to help us further this goal and actively recruit such individuals.
This role will be responsible for checking IDs for entry into the store, supporting store team members with security issues as needed, and will also work the floor in a host role as needed, providing customer service and answering questions about our products.
This is not your average Security job! We're looking for professionals who are able to balance security duties and provide outstanding service to guests of our store.
- Valid California Security Guard Permit required
- Previous professional experience checking IDs
- Security Officer, military, or directly related experience required
- Open, flexible schedule (ability to work varied days and shifts based on business need)
- Cannabis industry experience a plus
- Outstanding customer service skills required. Experience in a service industry, such as retail or hospitality, preferred
Have a Heart is proud to offer a competitive compensation package, including company discounts, and ongoing opportunities for career development.
Equal Opportunity Employer