Join the GuardTexas family: We're people making the difference! GuardTexas has been committed to serving the great state of Texas for over 40 years. Over 900 GuardTexas security officers serve clients in many industries including commercial real estate, residential communities, construction and retail. We are a privately owned company with branches in: Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. GuardTexas is a certified security guard trainer. See www.guardtexas.com for more information about our company.
Job Skills / Requirements
The security patrol guard will drive a company vehicle extensively over the course of the shift, 6 PM to 6 AM. The Security Officer (Patrol Division) safeguards property by patrolling premises and monitoring for theft, violence, safety issues, and/or disturbances through observation and reporting. The primary responsibility of the position is to deter crime through an authoritative presence.
SECURITY OFFICER / PATROL REQUIREMENTS:
- Successfully complete minimum Level II Security training through a school licensed by the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Bureau (PSB). Priority given to applicants with active security registration.
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Clean driving record in Texas for past 3 years
- Able to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle crisis situations
- Critical thinking and sound judgment
- Visual acuity to drive at night and hearing ability to observe or otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources
- Ability to perform general physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and/or moving the entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, sitting, standing for long periods of time, and handling of materials
SECURITY OFFICER / PATROL DUTIES:
- Provide a visual security presence
- Conduct regular rounds of industrial, commercial or residential premises to deter and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows and gates
- Perform checks on windows, doors, gates, stairwells, fire exits, mechanical rooms and other areas as assigned by client or that a trespasser may use to gain illegal access, and insure that they are properly secure
- Inspect equipment if required to ascertain that tampering has not occurred and/or is in working order as noted in the post orders
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences including standing water or fire hazards, failure indicators on mechanical or electrical equipment, and temperature controls
- Respond to alarms and report disturbances
- Contact police, paramedics or fire departments in cases of emergency
- Contact Property Manager as appropriate per customer protocols
- Inform persons of rule infractions or violations such as loitering, smoking, carrying forbidden articles
- Assist in evacuation buildings in case of emergency
- Control crowds as required by job site
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or required by contract with customer based on their individual security needs
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Certification Requirements (All)
Successfully Pass Level 2 Training and Exam
Active Security Registration
Additional Information / Benefits
We offer a range of competitive benefits for our security officers:
- Weekly paycheck
- Additional pay for worked holiday
- Access to credit union membership for you and your family.
- Insurance is available the first day of the month after 60 days of full time employment.
- After one year of full time employment, you qualify for paid vacation, reimbursement of uniform fees, and Company payment of PSB fees to maintain a current registration.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Patrol Manager
This is a Part-Time position 3rd Shift, Weekends.