This is a Part-Time position (0-19 hours per week)
Schedule: Varies, Swing and Night shifts - 2 or 3 shifts per week based on needs
Shifts: 12:00am - 8:00am and 5:00pm - 12:00am
Pay: $15 per hour
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring a safe and secure environment for the residents, visitors, staff, and property of CRISTA Shores. Conduct routine patrols of CRISTA Shores’ property providing residents, staff, and visitors with information and assistance. Respond to and investigate security related incidents. Monitor facilities and equipment and respond to unusual activity. Respond to urgent and emergency situations in a professional manner, and document actions and observations noted during assigned shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide and maintain physically safe environment. Patrol and monitor all areas of the buildings and grounds, physical security checks, log taking, and monitoring alarm systems.
- Provide high degree of customer service when determining and responding to the needs of residents, visitors and staff. Provide information to residents and visitors, access to after-hours visitors, ensure use of visitor logs and badges, and assist residents in a variety of situations.
- Monitor essential equipment and facilities. Check and log temperature and other readings on designated equipment and respond to unusual readings in accordance with policy.
- Provide after-hours assistance. Transport trash to the dumpster, vacuum public areas, set up or tear down seating in public areas, and general support of after-hours activities.
- Respond rapidly and appropriately to emergencies. Assist residents, staff or visitors in a calm and professional manner, contact emergency responders as appropriate, use first aid or CPR training when appropriate.
- Identify and respond to incidents, hazards and unauthorized activity in prescribed manner. Contact appropriate staff and respond to their direction. Call local emergency responders when appropriate and take appropriate action in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
Christian Commitment: A deep and abiding faith that is fully surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles in word and deed. Commitment to spiritual growth and development. Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Six months experience in general security duties or related field.
Licensure/Certification: First Aid and CPR certified.
Software and Equipment Used: Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate with seniors in a positive, courteous, confidential, and professional manner
- Able to handle fast-paced environment
- Good judgment in responding to routine, urgent, and emergency situations
- Able to give and follow written/verbal instructions
- Safety and security conscience
- Able to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, and customers