LocationBronxville, New York
Shift:Night (United States of America)
Security Officers Make It Possible
Security Officer - Security - Nights
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital, Security Officers do more than patrol facilities and campuses - they take part in amazing stories. When a patient was recently admitted with a severe illness, one Security Officer sensed the need for action. Maintaining his post, he repositioned himself in view of the patient's room. When the patient’s condition suddenly became critical, this Officer alerted clinicians for life-saving intervention. Each day, Security Officers at NewYork-Presbyterian serve and inspire with similar acts of service and integrity. Now, you can make it possible.
Be a visible front line security presence for the #1-ranked hospital in New York (U.S. News, 2016-2017) and the #1-ranked hospital in Security 500 for 2016. Protect patients, visitors, employees and property across our medical and academic campuses, maintaining access control in assigned areas and responding to emergency situations. Help maintain lawful environment for lifesaving care.
This is a nights shift 11:30pm – 7:30am with alternate weekends. Position is located at NewYork-Presbyterian / Lawrence Hospital.
- Bachelor’s degree, at least two years of collegiate coursework in criminal justice or a related field, or previous military experience.
- One (1) year security experience.
- Driver’s license
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- NYS Security Guard License
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work with computers
- Completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required within 90 days of starting in role and continued BCLS certification required every two years
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, 'America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020.' - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 'Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.' - Glassdoor
- 2019 'Employees' Choice: Top CEOs' - Glassdoor
- 2019 'America's Best Employers in New York State' - Forbes
- 2019 '150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.' - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 'Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals' - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.