LocationCortlandt Manor, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Feel the Pride of Security at Its Best
Security Officer - Security - Per Diem
Help lead the delivery of top-notch security services at New York's #1- ranked hospital. At New York-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital, the security department does more than patrol facilities and campuses—they take part in amazing stories. Join our patient centered culture and help maintain a lawful environment for lifesaving care.
In this crucial role, you'll ensure a safe and welcoming environment as you protect our patients, employees, volunteers, visitors and property. Greet people with a smile, and offer a helping hand such as answers to general questions and directions to specific areas within our hospital. Monitor various security systems. Respond to emergencies. Investigate and report on incidents, and play a key part in initiatives that improve our security practices.
The is a per diem rotating position which includes weekends and holidays at NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital located in Cortlandt Manor, Westchester County, NY.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Police and/or security background preferred.
Statutory Authority exemption or New York State Security Guard License
Valid NYS driver license.
Must successfully complete the annual NYS Mandated Recertification Training unless exempted as defined in Section 1.20 of the New York State Criminal Procedure Law.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, 'America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018.' - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 'Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.' - Glassdoor
- 2018 'Employees' Choice: Top CEOs' - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 '150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.' - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 'Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals' - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.