Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Federal SOC Information Security Engineers will provide monitoring, triage, and escalation support for internal Federal SOC and External Customer operations. The SOC Information Security Engineers will work shifts to provide 24x7x365 coverage. SOC Information Security Engineers will work in tandem with other Information Security Engineers in the Global SOC and Federal NOC Organizations.
The Main Responsibilities
- Review Global SOC Shift end Summary and SOC activity logs, emails, tickets, cases and other monitoring tools for complete understanding of previous shift activities and incidents with the goal of maintaining the highest level of customer service by keeping track of the critical customer impacting issue.
- Provide monitoring and responding to alerts and events within SLAs. Services and systems include but not limited to Splunk (internal/external SIEM), DDOS- Distributed Denial of Services mitigation, Firewalls alerts (MTIPS and MSS), TrendMicro Anti Virus, Tripwire File Integrity Checks, IDS/IPS for customers.
- Monitor multiple ticketing systems and queues. Ensure tickets are created and notated within SLAs
- Login to phone call queues to answer both internal and external calls
- Triage DDOS attacks targeted on Federal Customers.
- Work closely with FedNOC, the Federal SOC Tier II and Ops Eng teams
- Escalate issues to Vendors, SOC Tier II and Ops Engineers as soon as there is a need
- Adhere to all defined processes and procedures.
- Provide process and operational improvement suggestions.
- Performs a long-term project leadership role working towards the development of new solutions, processes, tools, systems that have company-wide and possibly industry-wide impacts.
- Frequent contact with senior leadership of customers and contractors for the purpose of creating and presenting innovative long-term solutions and managing key relationships. Acts as a resource within the engineering and scientific communities to develop solutions or handle the most complex tasks for which existing methods and procedures may not apply.
- Provides consultation and advice to Federal customers, engineers and management regarding work functions, processes, methods, procedures, and tools. Develops and delivers technical and process training, including, documentation in areas of expertise and innovative areas of technology.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
- Candidate must possess, or be willing to pursue, applicable professional/technical certifications, such as CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, GISEC, CISM or CISA.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and comfort with presenting technical issues to all levels of management, as well as non-technical staff.
- Broad technical knowledge of current and emerging technologies used both within the corporate infrastructure and in delivering customer facing services.
- Experience in performing security risk assessments and application, system, and network security.
- Knowledge of information security industry and regulatory obligations (ISO 27001/27002, SOX, PCI, NIST Framework, FISMA, FedRAMP, HIPAA, NACHA, and SSAE-16).
- Experience in network and/or firewall engineering, administration, design and implementation including experience in applying methodologies and principles for all levels of security.
- Experience with technologies, tools and process controls to minimize risk and data exposure.
- Application development and/or source code review experience in C/C++, C#, VB.NET, ASP, PHP, PERL, Python, or Java.
- Knowledge of project management practices.
- Experience in large Enterprise data centers and/or networks.
Requisition #: 233051
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.