**Federal Project requires US Citizen with active Secret Clearance**
The Baer Group is looking for Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst for a 12 month Federal remote project.
Title:Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
- Security+ Certification or ability to obtain within six months of start
- Current Linux LPIC-1 certification (RHCE or SCE preferred) or ability to obtain within six months of start
- Monitoring and analyzing network traffic, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), security events and logs;
- Prioritizing and differentiating between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms.
- Develop, maintain, and follow SOC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Support daily and monthly situation reporting per shift.
- Proactively reviewing large data sets for anomalous activity.
- Create detective content for monitoring devices such as IDS and SIEM and advise on proactive blocks for security architecture.
- Creating and tracking security investigations to resolution.
- Composing security alert notifications and other communications.
- Advising incident responders in the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incidents.
- Staying up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
- This position requires the ability to work a shift schedule.
- The ideal candidate should be able to multitask and give equal attention to a variety of functions while under pressure.
- CEH Certification Required
- Bachelor’s or 8 years of related experience
- Previous experience on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Experience with Anti-Virus, Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewalls, Active Directory, Vulnerability Assessment tools and other security tools found in large network environments; along with experience working with Security Information and Event Management (SEIM) solutions.
- Familiarity with various network and host-based security applications and tools, such as network and host assessment/scanning tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, and other security software packages.
- Digital Media Analysis (DMA) and prior computer forensics experience strongly desired, but not required.
- Must possess excellent written communication skills and the proven ability to understand and present complex, technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Related SANS certifications (GCFA or GCIH is preferred)
The Baer Group is an Enterprise Technology Consulting firm based in Atlanta, GA providing job opportunities with several 1st Tier Global Systems Integrators and a wide array of Fortune 1000 clients. Consultants and Employees of TBG enjoy access to the highest profile job opportunities across leading Enterprise Technology Solutions ranging from Digital Transformation programs utilizing the latest technologies from SAP and Oracle to a wide range of emerging Cloud based infrastructure, application and AI related solutions.
The Baer Group prides itself on our ability to work directly with key stakeholders to create the most optimized service experience possible for our consultants and our clients. TBG’s job requirements are carefully vetted and are typically associated with mission critical programs offering tremendous opportunities to expand your skills leveraging the latest solutions available while offering highly competitive market rates. TBG focuses on representing jobs that provide streamlined response to our proposed candidates and a best in class engagement experience. refMON