Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Security Operations Specialist is responsible for Wolverine Worldwide’s corporate campus physical security and security operations. Responsible for the daily activities of local vendor security force - responds to medicals, fires, and other site emergencies as well as non-emergency security issues. Provides physical security on the campus grounds. Conducts and ensures the daily work of the security officers (full-time and contract) supporting access control and video systems.
- Oversee corporate campus vendor security team for assigned location
- Coordinate with Management and corporate departments concerning all Loss Prevention issues and programs within the facilities. (i.e. Employee & visitor security and safety, physical security, facility egress)
- Secures property, personnel, and assets by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; and inspecting buildings
- Responds to emergencies (i.e. weather, medical, fire, and hazmat); notifies/activates public emergency responders; assists with evacuations; manages emergency; debrief and write incident reports
- Assist first responders with access to buildings, facilities and knowledge of all areas of the complex
- Provide basic first aid including CPR under emergency conditions
- Staff access control points; permitting entry; visitor management; and challenging unauthorized individuals
- Communicates via multi-line telephone system, cellphone, text message, callboxes, and radio devices
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures
- Completes daily log reports and incident reports via computerized reporting systems
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control and accident investigations
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly audits of security tools and systems
- Schedule guards for shifts, vacations, holidays and filling vacancies at the direction of the WWW Global Security Specialist or Supply Chain Security Manager
- Direct, supervise and manage subordinate security guards in the execution of duties
- Assist with onboarding new guards, document training and performance of team
- Assist with maintaining updated post guidelines, emergency procedures and ensuring security guards are properly trained
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Associate degree in criminal justice or related field preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen observation skills, ability to detect irregularities, threats and hazards
- Ability to walk, climb stairs, run or stand for long periods of time
- Capable of following complex instructions, multi-tasking and making sound decisions under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to handle confrontation and verbally de-escalate
- Experience with alarm systems, CCTV, and card access
- Computer skills, Microsoft Outlook, Word, ability
- Experience operating within a command center
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, occasionally fill in nights and weekends, receive phone calls and respond to emergencies 24/7
- Be available after hours for questions regarding site issues, post orders or schedule adjustments
- Supervisory experience in a security, law enforcement or military setting
Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).