Detroit-based Rock Ventures serves and connects Quicken Loans Founder and Cleveland Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert’s portfolio of more than 100 companies. The Rock Ventures Family of Companies' mission is to increase growth, innovation and prosperity in the cities in which its more than 30,000 team members live, work and play. Key initiatives include real estate development, community investments and economic development. Rock Security offers 24/7 safety and security services and training to the Rock Ventures Family of Companies’ team members, tenants and visitors. We’re proud to be part of collaborative public-private partnerships working towards common goals of enhancing the safety for everyone who lives, works and visits Detroit, Cleveland and our other home cities.
The Security Technology Specialist oversees management of the Security Technology group for the Quicken Loans Family of Companies, including Bedrock Real Estate Management. The Security Technology group is responsible for identifying, quantifying and preparing total solutions for security and safety risks and making enhancements.
- Manage, oversee and review the design of security systems and their implementation
- Act as system manager for all installed security systems
- Oversee a formal process improvement program for services and provide measurement reports to senior management
- Ensure programs align with industry best practices
- Identify, qualify and manage contractors for outsourced projects
- Provide project management, direction and innovation in the areas of strategic planning, risk assessment, technology enhancements and configuration control of security systems on special projects as assigned
- Oversee process improvement programs related to enhancements for the fire alarm/notification and security systems
- Review the design of fire alarm/notification and security systems and oversee installation
- Identify and qualify potential subcontractors and manage and develop relationships with them
- Perform training sessions, coordinate programming and provide system configuration documentation for alarm system users, in addition to coordinating the resolution of alarm system problems and malfunctions
- Prepare proposals for new systems as well as additions or alterations to existing systems
- Develop and maintain electronic security system specifications and construction standards
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a focus on electrical engineering or a related field and/or experience in one of the following categories: security, public administration or business
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in the security industry or a related industry
- Experience in managing training programs
- Computer skills, including experience working successfully with word processing and spreadsheet software
- Experience with networking computing components and data collections devices
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to formulate action plans for process improvement initiatives, which may include the analysis of complex data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Process consulting skills
- Technical problem identification and resolution skills
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, dental and vision insurance, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including chances to win trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
- Compensation commensurate with experience and industry standards
- Independently Driven
- Intelligently Collaborative
- Never Satisfied
- Relentless Commitment to Service
- Flexible and Quick to Adapt
- Critical Thinker
- Team Player
Why We’re Different:
Meet the anti-corporate culture of the Rock Ventures Family of Companies, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we're dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you're at it.
Rock Security LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, and may be modified periodically.