Bon Secours Medical Group
Hampton Roads, Virginia
Bon Secours Medical Group, a physician-led multi-specialty group in Hampton Roads, Virginia is seeking a dynamic Palliative Care Physician to join our established team. Successful candidate will not shy away from hard work and has the motivation to support building a palliative care program in an underserved area.
On September 1, 2018, Bon Secours Health System and Mercy Health combined to become the United States fifth largest Catholic health care ministry and one of the nations 20 largest health care systems. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of our communities and brings good help to those in need, especially people who are poor and dying.
- Provide specialized care to patients with serious chronic illnesses
- Help patients and families improve quality of life by addressing symptom needs and defining care goals
- Facilitate coordination of care
- Provide inpatient consults and palliative care medicine referrals
- Daily palliative census is 18-24
- Work with a team oriented, multidisciplinary group including nurse practitioners, licensed clinical social workers, and clergy
- Full time, 8am, to 5pm. No on call currently
- Opportunity for paid Hospice call
- Strong support and resources from leadership
- Sky's the limit for leadership development
- BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Fellowship training in Palliative Medicine