You will deploy and manage a largescale distributed configuration of Perforce to serve teams operating worldwide.
In addition to deploying Perforce, you will choose and deploy commercial and open source tools and technologies to build and support a professional games and content development
environment, with an emphasis on operational self-service and continuous integration.
You will maintain and manage Perforce source code repositories for internal projects, third party resources, and forks of various open source and proprietary projects.
- Install, configure, administer, and extend Perforce for the purposes content development. This includes integrated code peer review, compilation, continuous integration, performance data collection and analysis, systems admin and monitoring, and more.
- Develop tools and scripts to automate the testing of software and hardware systems.
- Work closely with build engineers on multiple content teams to train, mentor, and evangelize Perforce best practices.
- Automate the compilation, data builds, continuous integration, testing, packaging, and distribution of games and interactive multimedia content.
- Engineer systems and tools to support the build, integration, and verification of complex games and interactive content targeting the hardware platform.
- Define requirements for hosted servers and cloud services to accomplish Perforce based continuous integration systems.
- Monitor and upgrade the servers and systems as necessary to enable distributed development among teams located in multiple studios worldwide.
- Define, implement, and continuously improve workflows and processes including branching strategies and integration, site proxying and mirroring, disaster recovery, and
Must Have Skillsets:
- 2+ years’ experience implementing and managing Perforce based source code control and continuous integration systems, base source code control
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing Jenkins and TeamCity
- Experience supporting Perforce usage in a large organizations.
- Scripting skills required in batch mode
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing Crucible, Code Collaborator, or other similar code review tools
- Experience acting as system administrator for Perforce running on Linux servers with clients on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Strong communication skills and the desire to teach and mentor other engineers with varying domains of expertise
- Strong desire for continuing self-education in Perforce software and its best practices
- Git + Gerrit knowledge is a plus
Location: Plantation, FL and Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 6- 12+ months