For seniors most in need of care, high quality health care is too often beyond reach. Dedicated Senior Medical Center a ChenMed Company is a national leader in value-based, primary care that was founded to bring concierge-style medicine and better health outcomes to the neediest populations. ChenMed is a senior focused primary care organization, in nine U.S. markets through its 50+ senior medical centers. As a fully capitated Medicare Advantage provider, ChenMed provides a concierge level of care with minimal to no expense to the beneficiary.
As a leader in preventive, value-based care we are seeking physicians and clinicians who appreciate senior patients, excel in a collaborate environment and strive for positive outcomes for their patients.
The Associate Market Chief Medical Officer is specifically responsible for executing the ChenMed Way and core model in his/her assigned Market. Under the direction of the Market Chief Medical Officer (MCMO) and the Regional Chief Medical Officer (RCMO) will directly supervise, performance manage and train primary care physicians (PCPs) in his/her assigned Market.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Brings together primary and multi-specialty care experts with ancillary medical services, including dental, pharmacy and acupuncture under one roof. Maximizes doctors and services in one shop to deliver coordinated and collaborative health care that enhances quality outcomes, efficiency, and the patient experience.
- Values a positive and welcoming approach to patient care, particularly for underserved seniors with low to moderate incomes.
- Advocates wellness for patients along the health continuum, from intensive, preventive care to treating multiple, complex, chronic illnesses. Invests in our patients by implementing strategies that help prevent complications from chronic complex medical problems.
- Takes ownership of patient outcomes. Participates in doctors meetings three times a week to present their patients to the entire group to enhance accountability and collaboration, as well as foster ongoing innovation.
- Utilizes customized, end-to-end technology designed to support every aspect of the ChenMed model and culture. This technology also enhances performance in practices that share a similar culture, health care philosophy, and patient mix.
- Oversees the medical services of 2-3 medical clinics and 4 to 8 plus physicians in a specific market according to our protocol.
- Hires, manages and mentors primary care physicians as a clinical leader. Directly responsible for talent selection and development including but not limited to: leading candidate interview panels, facilitated practice (shadowing physicians), 1:1s, leadership development plan execution, and performance management.
- Directly manages both primary care and one additional clinical functional area (e.g., transitional care or cardiology)
- Leads our physician providers in weekly morbidity and mortality meetings and participates in market leadership, executive, and recruiting meetings
- Supports the development and cultivation of positive relationships with local specialists and the medical community under the guidance of the market chief medical officer.
- Manages clinical teams to adhere to standard operating procedures on coding, HEDIS and other evidence based medicine.
- Cultivates a uniform clinical culture, clinical values, clinical approach, incentives and performance values for our provider.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at managers discretion. #deliverthedifference
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on whats happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Current, relevant, and substantial knowledge of areas related to health center licensing and operations, e.g., legal/regulatory, administrative, policy, protocols, and other clinical issues, especially within a managed care environment, required.
- Knowledge and understanding of mid-level supervision agreements and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team, in collaborative settings, required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Understands and is committed to maintaining highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to staff and to build the trust and respect of patients, staff, colleagues, external contacts, and other MT members.
- Able to motivate staff; promote team building; assume leadership role within clinical arena.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required, including creativity, resourcefulness, timeliness, and technical knowledge related to analyzing and resolving medical/administrative problems.
- Sensitivity to needs of culturally and linguistically diverse patient and employee population.
- Excellent emotional coping skills, adequate to confront difficult emotional situations and emotional responses of others.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed the Service Excellence Standards of TVHC, Inc
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and to willingness to develop and adapt to the evolving technological requirements of modern medical health center practices required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Board certification in a major primary care specialty field of practice. (Family Medicine/Internal Medicine)
- Current, valid license to practice medicine including DEA license and CPR, required.
- Strongly prefer minimum one (1) year experience in progressively responsible administrative or management-related positions within a primary health care environment, preferably in medically needy and underserved communities and in a community health center setting.
- Previous experience supervising providers and other clinical staff is essential, with demonstrated record of success.
- Strongly prefer (1) one year previous experience as Associate Medical Director with a Medicare or Medicaid patient population.
- Previous experience providing services and exercising leadership in a culturally and linguistically diverse setting, with demonstrated success.
- Previous experience working within a managed care environment strongly preferred, especially with experience in administrative/management capacity.
- Bilingual, Fluent in English and Spanish