The VA Central California Healthcare System (VACCHS), Fresno California, is recruiting to fill two Board Certified (BC) Hematologist/Oncologist (HEM/ONC) Physicians to join our VA Healthcare Team to provide the very best care to our Veterans. The selected candidate, working under the guidance and direction of the Division Chief of Hematology/Oncology in the Medicine Service, will serve as an expert in chemotherapy and other hematology and oncology procedures, to include bone marrow biopsies and aspirations. Additionally, the HEM/ONC Physician will provide medical oversight for the Chemotherapy Infusion Clinic (CIC), participate in research and clinical trials, and lead in the teaching, training and mentoring of residents, fellows and medical students. The HEM/ONC practice will involve approximately 70% Oncology and 30% Hematology, with majority of time (95%) spent in the outpatient setting. Candidate preference will be given to those with 2-3 years of of post-residency clinical practice experience in specialty, although board eligible recent graduates will also be considered. The VACCHS is academically affiliated with the University of California San Francisco (UCSF), School of Medicine, Fresno CA, so academic appointment will be considered based on physician's qualifications, teaching experience and interests. The VA Central California Healthcare System is situated on 18.5 acres and dedicated in March 1950 within the beautiful and agriculturally rich San Joaquin Valley of Central California and consists of a 114-bed acute care, general medical and surgical center with state of the art primary, secondary and tertiary care in major diagnostic and treatment specializations and three Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in Merced, Oakhurst and Tulare CA, in addition to a 60-bed Community Living Center that provides skilled nursing and rehabilitation care.
- Must be a Citizen of the United States. Non-Citizens may be considered
- Must have current unrestricted license to practice medicine/surgery in the U.S.
- Preference for BC in Hematology/Oncology, with 2-3 years of post-residency clinical practice experience in specialty (BE recent graduates may also be considered)
With a population of 527,438 people and 127 constituent neighborhoods, Fresno is the fifth largest community in California. Fresno started out as a small stop along the Central Pacific Railroad, but it has blossomed into a magnetic metropolis that draws agriculture-minded people from around the world. The metro area is surrounded by Fresno County's farms, which produce a variety of organic foods, from almonds and pistachios to tomatoes and peaches. But the area isn't just a haven for farmers, Fresno is part of a bustling metropolitan area of nearly a million people, attracting residents and visitors with its diverse job market, inexpensive housing and array of cultural attractions. A venture inside this central California region reveals a multitude of unique cultural surprises, from the Tower District, which is famous for its artsy Rogue Festival, classic car show, regular film festival and lineup of restaurants that plate various cuisines. The minor league Fresno Grizzlies hit homers to the cheers of loyal fans downtown, while beloved events like the annual Civil War Revisited reenactment and the Kearney Renaissance Faire take place on Fresnos west side. Housing costs have triggered a population growth that has prompted the development of new recreational areas, nightlife venues and a diverse and eclectic dining scene. Parks are peppered throughout Fresno, and the San Joaquin River, which runs along the metro regions northern boundary, is another place to enjoy natural beauty. Just 20 miles north of the area is Millerton Lake, a popular recreational area with fishing, boating and picnic areas. There are bike lanes through much of Fresno, as well as a new pedestrian trail in the works. Welcome to Fresno!
Benefits and Features
- Expected Salary range & compensation for well qualified Hematologist/Oncologist will range from $250,000.00 to $300,000.00, with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Pay Bonus. Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), and if approved, receive up to $200k in school loan repayment. Selected candidate may also be considered for award of a Recruitment and/or Relocation Incentive, based on facility funding availability and approval.
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance, security and satisfaction.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching
About the VA
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further
For information and consideration, please email your Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae to: Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (702) 675-5761.