U.S. Dermatology Partners is seeking an innovative, strategic, transformational physician executive to serve as the Chief Medical & Compliance Officer.
The Chief Medical & Compliance Officer will provide medical management oversight of medical, surgical and dermatopathology practices for all aspects of dermatology care and duties include:
- Ensure patients receive the highest standard of medical care.
- Develop protocols for plans of care and clinical pathways in collaboration with other physicians as appropriate.
- Coordinates appropriate supervision of mid-level providers with physicians as required by state law.
- Determines the need for case conferences and collaboration meetings for clinical topics.
- Works closely with designated physician leaders and medical directors in developing policies and procedures for the provider staff.
- Participates in weekly Executive Leadership Team strategy and planning sessions representing the physicians and providers to ensure operational decisions are in line with physician goals.
- Supports management in developing and implementing key strategic initiatives.
- Provides clinical consultation to physicians and mid-level providers, ensuring that medical activities conform to all policies of the organization.
- Ensures providers are educated in facilitating appropriate documentation in the EMR.
- Establishes protocols, along with other organizational leaders, to perform chart audits, ensuring protocols are followed by optimizing clinical care and documented appropriately in the medical record.
- Assists in managed care negotiations by demonstrating the clinical quality and value proposition of the U.S. Dermatology Partners physician network
- Travels throughout the U.S. Dermatology Partners network, evaluating clinical efficiencies and sharing best practices.
- Ensure that all healthcare regulations and safety standards are met including CLIA, OSHA and AAAHC Accreditation.
- Keeping staff updated on new healthcare regulations and keeping Policies and Procedures current to those standards.
- Assist with provider credentialing and enrollment.
- Assists in recruiting and screening new physicians and providers.
- Responsible for quality assurance and continuous quality improvement.
- Coordinates and manages utilization and peer reviews.
- Represents the organization at the local, regional and national level physician advocacy efforts
- Board-Certified Dermatologist (preferred, not required)
- Background in compliance or willingness to obtain formal HCCA certification
- MBA, MHA or significant current or previous leadership roles (preferred, not required)
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical practice with strong and engaging communication style and leadership qualities
- Ability to connect with colleagues and influence behavior by driving quality outcomes
- This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Managers
- This position will be primarily administrative