The Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and The Howard Phillips Center for Children & Families are looking for the next generation of Child Abuse Pediatricians to support the Central Florida community. We are actively seeking a full-time Child Abuse Pediatrician to serve as the Medical Director for our Child Protection Team.
Board Certified Pediatricians and Family Medicine physicians are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of three (3) years experience in the field of child abuse and neglect, one year of which involves supervision of other physicians and/or advanced practice registered nurses.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow an already existing team of experienced clinicians. We are looking for an innovative leader to further develop and modernize our Child Protective Team. The current CPT team has 3 Pediatricians and 3 APRNs that cover the greater Central Florida community and serve 3 local childrens hospitals.
About the Child Protection Team:
The Child Protection Team provides the upfront assessment services of the Childrens Advocacy Center to aid the Department of Children and Families and law enforcement in assessing child abuse and neglect. The Child Protection Team is comprised of physicians, advanced practice registered nurses, and case coordinators who provide a variety of medical and social assessments culminating in recommendations being made for the protection and ongoing wellness of the child and family. As the second largest Child Protection Team in Florida, approximtely 3,000 children were served last year with nearly 2,000 medical assessments provided for those children. Services are provided in Orange and Osceola counties. The team sees patients from our local district as well as offers a consultation service for more critically ill patients from several surrounding counties typically covered by other teams. The Child Abuse Team is fully supported by the Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and their 130 pediatric specialists who collaborate with us to foster the health and well-being of the children we serve. The law enforcement, legal and childrens services communities work side by side with our medical team to ensure the best environment possible after allegations of abuse and neglect.
About The Howard Phillips Center for Children & Families:
The Howard Phillips Center for Children & Families is a division of Arnold Palmer Hospital, which is part of Orlando Health, a not-for-profit healthcare system. The Howard Phillips Center for Children & Families brings together six programs providing services to strengthen children and families in Central Florida. Three of those programs make up the Childrens Advocacy Center. The Childrens Advocacy Center provides services associated with the assessment, advocacy and therapeutic treatment of child abuse in one child-friendly location. The goal of the Childrens Advocacy Center is to reduce system-induced trauma experienced by children involved in the child welfare system, increase prosecution rates and improve the long-term positive outcomes for children and families impacted by child abuse.
Benefits of Joining Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children:
- Dynamic administration that fosters physician autonomy when it comes to clinical decision making and patient outcomes.
- Robust operational support and resources in a collaborative work environment.
- Experienced physicians who have developed a legacy program to mentor the next generation of child advocacy in our community.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Benefits package includes time away for vacations and conferences, health/vision/dental insurance along with full malpractice coverage, disability coverage, deferred compensation and retirement savings options.
- Generous sign-on bonus with eligibility for an annual bonus.
- No state income tax!
- Greater Orlando offers direct access to Floridas world-famous theme parks and attractions.
- Our lifestyle options have something for everyone, from the downtown districts for those enjoying a trendy urban flair, to family-oriented communities with top rated public and private schools.
- We have ample outdoor activities including large public parks for your kids and pets, hiking and biking trails, abundant lake access for kayaking, fishing and paddleboarding, with Floridas beautiful beaches only an hour away.
Forward CV to Attention:
Jeffrey A. Bornstein, MD, Jeffrey.Bornstein@orlandohealth.com
Chief Physician Executive, OHMG Pediatric Specialties
Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children
Or if preferred, please feel free to call at (321) 228-2056
For further information, please also feel free to call:
- Dr. Matthew Seibel @ (407) 468-7231, Past Medical Director and current Child Protection Team physician
- Dr. Mark Kesler @ (407) 620-0288, Current Associate Medical Director and Board Certified Pediatrician